While in Home MTC, you will learn the Gospel discussions, more about the scriptures, build your testimony, prepare to teach the Gospel, and you might even learn a language! Elder David A. Bednar said, “The ultimate missionary training center is in our homes; secondary missionary training centers are located in Provo, Manila, Mexico City, and in other locations.”
Although your time in the MTC might look a little less traditional, you don't have to feel like you are missing out! You will be given a companion and a district throughout home MTC. You will still follow the MTC schedule even while at home! Here's what your day might look like:
- 6:30am Wake up, eat, exercise and prepare for the day
- 8:00am Personal study
- 9:00am Companionship study
- 10:00am - 10:00pm The rest of your day you will participate in daily planning, language study, class discussions, practice teaching, have lunch and dinner, and some days you'll even have amazing devotionals you'll get to participate in.
- 10:00pm Retire to bed
You'll most likely receive scriptures, ear buds, language learning guides and other missionary learning materials in the mail about a week before starting MTC. Your mission name tags will also to be sent to you!
Now that you know what a day in the life looks like, let's talk about some tips and tricks to get the most out of your time in home MTC.
- Set up a place where you can participate in classes and lessons without being disturbed. You'll be able to stay more focused and limit distractions.
- Treat it as a new experience. Follow the schedule and enjoy the bumps in the journey! It will bring you joy as you get the hang of it.
- Don't be too hard on yourself when learning a language. You are doing what takes most people YEARS to do in just a few weeks! You rock!
- Work with your companion and district, they're in the same boat as you and know exactly what you're going through! Think of them like your teammates. They will be there as you learn how to teach, learn a language, and you will have so many fun times with them.
- Ask Heavenly Father for help, and you'll see the results as you work!
You're going to be great!
- Tags: Book of Mormon Book of Mormon Study called to serve companions companionship elder home mtc lds lds missionary ldsmissionary mission prep missionary missionary work MTC prayer scriptures should i serve sister missionary study