Dansko Missy Red Veg
Grab a measuring tape and you’re ready to go!
There are three ways to determine the jacket number and it is important to do all three to get an idea of the correct fit. The jacket number is the number in front of the letter in men’s suiting (like the 40 in 40R, or the 38 in 38L). It indicates the size of your chest.
1. Chest and Arm Measurement: To measure chest and arm, have the missionary hang his arms to the side and wrap the tape around the widest part of the chest and arms. This number, minus 7, will get you pretty close to your suit jacket number. In the following video, David is a 47.5″ on this measurement, which would put him in a 40.5 jacket– but since that doesn’t exist I’d say he’s right between a 40 and 42.
2. Chest Only Measurement: You can also use your chest measurement only (with arms raised) to determine your suit jacket number. In this video, David is a 39″ chest, which would put him in a 40 jacket.
3. Waist +6 Measurement: Measure your waist (don’t guess– actually measure it with a tape measure) and then add 6 to get your suit jacket number. In this video, David has a 35 inch waist, so adding 6 would get a 41 jacket.
David could go with either a 40 or 42 according to these measurements. I’d suggest a 40 if he were getting the suit for a job interview or going on a warm weather mission where he wouldn’t wear the suit often. I’d go with a 42 if he wanted a little room to gain weight or if he needed to layer thermals or a sweater under the suit jacket.
Now for the letter part of the suit size. This would be the “R” in the size 40R, or the L in the size 38L. This letter indicates the length of the jacket.
Here is the size chart that Benji mentions in the following video:
5’3” – 5’8″ would be an S or Short Length
5’9″ – 6’0″ would be a R or Regular Length
6’1″ – 6’3″ would be an L or Long Length
6’4″ and taller would be an XL or Extra Long Length
The length of the jacket also lets you show a little more or less shirt cuff. For example, if you like to show more shirt cuff, go with a shorter size. If you have long arms like Benji, go with a longer jacket.
PANT WAIST SIZE:
Jeans and other casual pants/shorts are sized very differently from dress trousers (sometimes up to a 5″ difference), so it is important to measure and not just guess on this measurement.
To measure the waist, wrap the tape (make sure it isn’t on top of your belt or pants) around your natural waistline. This is about 2-3″ below your navel.
In this example, David measures a 35 waist. If he wanted to go with the slim fit, tailored look he could go with a 34 waist (and 40 jacket), but if he wants to have some room to move, sit down, ride a bike, wear a sweater/thermals, or gain a little weight, he’d go with a 36 waist and 42 suit jacket.
Remove your shoes and stand straight with feet shoulder width apart. Put your pants up at your waist where you normally wear your dress pants with the front of the pant about 2-3″ below the navel. Have someone else put the top of the tape measure on the top of your waistband, run it over your pocket and down the side of your leg where the outside seam of your pants is. Measure all the way to the floor. This is going to give you a “half break” on the pant which is standard for missionaries. That being said, this is a style preference like jacket sleeve length. If you want shorter hems so you show off your socks, take off a little on this measurement.
Do the same measurement several times on both legs to make sure you have it correct so you don’t end up with flood pants or pants that are too long.
Hints For a Perfect Outseam Measurement:
- Wear a belt when measuring your outseam. You want to make sure your pants are right where you want them.
- Stand up straight. Turning your body to watch the person measure you can alter the length of the pant.
Why not inseams? Inseams are dependent of the rise of the pant (the distance from the crotch seam to the waistband). On low rise jeans the rise can be 7-9 inches. On older style dress pants the rise can be 12-13 inches, so inseams can vary greatly on the style of pant. When done correctly, outseams are always dead on!
Neck Measurement: To measure the neck size, wrap the measuring tape loosely around the missionary’s neck. You should be able to get a few fingers between the measuring tape and neck. In this example, David measures a 14.5 when the tape is right up against his skin. With two fingers, he is at a 16 neck which is going to fit a lot better and be more comfortable.
Arm Length Measurement: To measure the arm length, start the measuring tape at the center of the neck (right on the spine), right below where the collar would be. Measure over the shoulder and down to the wristbone or right to where the hands starts to widen. Shirt sleeve lengths are 30/31, 32/33, 34/35, and 36/37.
When you order a dress shirt then, the fist number is the neck size and the second number is the sleeve length, so in this example, David would be a 16 34/35 (16 neck with the two fingers of space and then 34/35 sleeve since he measured a 34 to the wrist.)
YOU’RE ALL DONE!
That’s it! Armed with these measurements you should be able to get a perfect fit! Of course, if you have questions, please don’t hesitate to call or arrange to FaceTime with one of our employees! Please call us at 801-337-3933, visit one of our stores or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk to one of our highly trained sales associates.
WOMEN'S SHOE SIZE GUIDE
MEN'S SHOE SIZE GUIDE
The Dansko Red Veg Missy is a can't miss multipurpose Mary Jane that's a must-have for any closet! An asymmetrical low-cut/high-cut design provides a slimmer, flattering look. Finish with an adjustable strap and a first-class footbed.
- Leather uppers
- Roomy, softly rounded toe box
- Long-wearing, hand-finished PU bottom with frame for exceptional lateral stability
- Cushioned, leather-wrapped footbed for a soft ride with optimal arch support
- Shank provides added support and stability
- Heel height 2"
Veg is a glove-soft leather that has been finished to a rich luster. It has a lightweight, buttery softness that easily conforms to the shape of your foot and has great everyday fashion appeal.
Clean with a soft damp cloth. To maintain, use Dansko Leather Cream and a soft clean cloth.